How do you know if a psychic is ethical or a fraud? Unfortunately, you probably have to schedule an appointment with the psychic before you can determine this, but here are some handy tips to identify the "dips" (as my 83 year old mother would say).
1) Using ornamental trappings or titles: First of all, unless its a Halloween or a themed party, anyone who might be wearing a gypsy turban (unless they actually are a true gypsy, or for religious purposes), might use the term "fortune teller" and/or calls himself "master of anything" or "madam"...need I say more? You probably should run.
2) "They seem to read my mind" scam: A lot of the number 1's fall into this category - Anyone who starts off reading you like a book to convince you, and/or then says they need to remove a curse someone put on you. Its not that I don't believe in curses, its that... they have to light 400 candles to remove it (or some such nonsense) and the candles will cost you $400. I hope nobody's falling for this, but in all seriousness, where do these people all learn the same schtick? Is there some underground "Psychic Scam School" I don't know about? Also, anyone who gives you an unsolicited reading.
3) They read your mind: Along with number 2, anyone who reads you like a book, and tells you everything that is in your mind...wow... could they be reading your mind? But of course. Basically, instead of reading (interpreting) what Spirit is telling them, and passing the message to you, they are reading you. (This can happen with mediums too. They are reading your feelings and thoughts about the person you miss, instead of actually talking to your loved one.) Some psychics aren't aware they are doing this. Beware of a reading that is too detailed.
4) They leave you with only one option: This goes along with number 3; because they are reading you, they see where your thoughts are taking you, and they say, "x, y and z is going to happen to you". You leave, and lo and behold, x, y and z happen to you. They never gave you other options, or looked to see if you had a different path you could have taken to change certain scenarios. We are in a multiple choice script, people, so not everything is just one way and that's it.
5) They give you really heavy bad news: Just lays it on you, and kind of does a similar scenario to #4. They don't give you any other options, and this could possibly send you into a downward spiral of depression, instead of uplifting you. They have taken away your power to make another choice to change the circumstances, prepare for them or at the very least understand why this event would have to happen. If they had given you other options, or looked at other aspects of the scenario, the reading would have helped you. Instead they dropped a bombshell, giving you bad news without advice on how to handle it, in essence, giving you a death sentence, Once again, I would question this psychic's sources for their information.
Ever had any of the above experiences? Please share!